Even if you don’t need to lose weight — read more and see if it will help you sleep better, feel better or increase athletic performance.
When others ask me, these are my highlights of why I will continue a Primal, nutritional ketosis lifestyle, and why I recommend others try it:
- Incredible, deep, restful sleep – my sleep improved early on before I lost much weight; now I usually get up without an alarm and I feel great.
- Constant stream of energy throughout the day, regardless of the timing of my last meal…I usually fast 12 – 20 hours several times a week, usually before exercise – Now I easily do three hours of powerlifting and bicycling after a 20 hour fast…just to see if I can – I felt great.
- Mental focus consistent through entire day regardless of meal timing.
- I lost 115 pounds on the scale in about a year, but more importantly, I have lost over 12 inches off my waist size; I am back to the same college and high school clothing size.
- My headaches/migraines are gone! I’m off medicines for them. The relief of living without headaches makes everything better and this alone would be enough for me to recommend Primal.
- I can still enjoy wine with friends – I stopped drinking beer and mixed drinks with carbs, but continued red wine with meals and whisky or wine on social occasions.
- Neck, ankle, hip, and knee joint pains have disappeared – they went away rapidly, before most of the weight loss – makes me think that the inflammation was due to diet more than wear and tear from carrying extra weight.
- Acne and oily skin has decreased 95% – never this close to normal skin ever in my life.
- Years of scaly, cracked feet have completely resolved spontaneously; a massage therapist noted I have the best feet she has seen on a 40 year old man
- My shoe size has decreased – I was size 11eee or 12 all my adult life. Now I’m 11 regular.
- Two golf ball size sebaceous cysts on my back spontaneously dissolved in a few weeks.
- Triglycerides lowered from very high levels down to 50 now.
- LDL and small LDL particle size falling from very high to normal.
- HDL from 30s to the 60s with low amount of exercise.
- Fasting glucose from high 90s (pre-diabetes) down to low 80s (normal).
- I had elevated ALT and AST most of my adult life – now liver function tests are normal.
- For over 15 years I had episodic gastric reflux, stomach distention and constipation – this has completely resolved.
The majority of my 100 pound weight loss occurred while I was not exercising at all. I started exercising recently in the fall of 2012 (AFTER most of my weight loss). Despite plateaus of staying at the same weight for many weeks at a time, I have continually decreased my clothing size each month – I continue to gain strength, vascularity and muscular definition.
Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/healthier-at-age-44-than-24-how-i-lost-115-pounds-and-turned-my-life-around/#ixzz37MtGqShz